Thursday, June 13, 2013

Cherries and Cherry Pits

Yesterday was my day off. I spent some of it at Orchard House, where we also have a small orchard, and the fruit is ripening.


Orchard House was a property I purchased to help house the interns who work with Bow. It has 4.6 acres and is beautifully landscaped. Here are the red roses at Orchard House. If you want to see the pink roses that bloomed there earlier, try my other blog. 

At Orchard House, there is a wooden deck where people can sit outside and survey the property from a high vantage point.

The Orchard House Orchard orchard is smaller than the one I have at my house, but it still impresses me every time I go to take a look. Nobody is tending these trees, and yet they bear fruit.


This is the Orchard House apple tree. This year it looks to be very fruitful


There are also two small pear trees.





Very small trees, but pretty large fruit.


There are amazingly two grape vines, as well.


Nobody has tended them, so they look pretty wild.


 But if you look closely enough, you can see that they are trying to bear fruit.




Back at my house, some of the cherries are ready for picking. So Teyman and I went for a walk last night and I picked them.


Sword and I had some of these cherries last night for a snack.


 This morning, Bow partook of them also. I don't like for Bow to swallow the pits, so I made a deal with him. I give him the next cherry when he gives me the last  pit.


 This system seems to work pretty well.


2 comments:

  1. I wish I could have some cherries right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julia, I wish you could drop by for a visit and I could share some of our cherries with you. I picked another pound of them this afternoon after lunch on my walk with Teyman.

      Delete