Friday, November 25, 2016

Thanksgiving Table 2016: Pumpkin Pie and Cranberry Sauce

This year, I baked the pumpkin pie and made the cranberry sauce.


I didn't have all the spices called for in the recipe, so I only added cinnamon, nutmeg and went very easy on the cloves.



As for the cranberry sauce, I prepared it just as suggested on the package of fresh cranberries, one cup water, one cup sugar per 12 ounce package of cranberries. Only this time, I prepared two packages worth of cranberries, because cranberry sauce is the thing that always runs out first. 





Cranberry sauce always goes fast!


2 comments:

  1. Your meal looks great. My favorite is homemade cranberry sauce on mash potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julia. I have never tried cranberry sauce on mashed potatoes. We usually eat it separately.

      Delete